Sunday, August 17, 2014

Quests: Diet

So haven't posted in a while. Here's the thing: life was crazy busy, and still is. I realized for myself that trying to implement a new diet during these last couple weeks was futile. I wouldn't have stuck with it. I decided that the best time is next week. I'm going to be starting a new job, getting into a new routine, and living more simply.
Side plug: I found the Mint app for budgeting, and I'm really loving it. It's visual. I can create budgets for things I want to save for and things I want to do later (read tiny house lol).

Back to the point.

The diet plan that goes with the NerdFitness program is strictly Paleo.
As with everything else in the NF realm, this diet has levels.
I'm going to alter this a bit, because I need to actually buy the food I'm going to be eating, prep everything, and then eat it ;)
First things first, I need to shop.
When I purchased this program, I was mostly convinced by the prospect of having a staple shopping list.

First, a brief explanation of the guidelines for the diet.

-Focusing only on eating during meals
-Only drinking water
-Gluten, Dairy, and Soy free

That's about as far as I'm going to go. With more extreme dieting, you can cut out rice


I actually went shopping today. My good friend is amazing, and she helped me pick out things.
So excited.

In the next part of this, I'll discuss the quests and what I bought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment